Use this SleepApnea.org link for the most current discount on 3B Medical products
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) occurs when a person’s airway is narrowed or blocked, causing them to stop breathing for short periods during sleep. To prevent airway collapse, positive airway pressure (PAP) treatment is used to pump air into the individual’s airway and keep it open during sleep. Bilevel positive airway pressure (BiPAP) is one type of PAP therapy that provides higher pressure during inhalation and a lower pressure during exhalation.
The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine allows the user, in consultation with their doctor, to set the inhalation and exhalation air pressures to their specific needs. The device can also automatically start inhalation if it detects the user hasn’t taken a breath within a set period of time.
React Health, previously 3B Medical Inc., has several choices in its Luna G3 product line. The Luna G3 BPAP 25A is similar to the BPAP 30VT but doesn’t have a forced ventilation function. The Luna G3 CPAP Machine is a standard continuous positive airway pressure device that includes heated tubing and a ramp setting, while the Luna G3 Auto-CPAP Machine automatically adjusts pressure settings based on the user’s real-time inhalations.
We’ll discuss the 3B Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine, including its features, how to use it, and what customers have to say about it, so you can decide if it’s the right machine for you.
Look & Feel
The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT is designed to provide flexibility and control over therapy settings. The device has a sleek design and includes features such as air leak compensation, humidifier preheating, and an easily refillable water chamber.
- People who need a device that initiates inhalation
- Those looking for an easy-to-fill water chamber
- Individuals who want preheated humidification
Who Should Keep Looking
- Those who want the option to use battery power
- People who don’t need access to multiple therapy modes
- Value seekers
Other Models in the Luna G3 Series
- Luna G3 BPAP 25A: This BiPAP machine increases pressure during inhalation, decreases pressure for exhalation, and automatically adjusts pressure levels if it detects a sleep apnea event. Unlike the 30VT, it does not have a function that can force ventilation if the user doesn’t breathe within a certain length of time.
- Luna G3 CPAP: The base model in the Luna G3 series is a standard CPAP device that provides constant air pressure throughout the user’s breathing cycle. It also includes a preheating feature and a ramp function that gradually increases the pressure level within a set time period after switching on the machine.
- Luna G3 Auto-CPAP: This automatic positive airway pressure (APAP) machine automatically determines how much air pressure to deliver depending on the user’s inhalations and exhalations.
What You Need to Know About the 3B Medical Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine
When used in a BiPAP mode, the Luna G3 BPAP 30VT pressure settings can be set for inhalation between 4 and 30 centimeters of water pressure (cm H2O) and exhalation between 4 and 25 cm H2O. Adjustments can be made in increments of 0.5 cm H2O.
In addition to a standard CPAP mode, the machine is equipped with four BiPAP modes:
- S: This is a standard bilevel positive airway pressure mode that delivers two preset pressure levels, with higher pressure during inhalation and lower pressure when you exhale.
- AutoS: The AutoS mode builds on the S mode with a feature that automatically adjusts the air pressure when the machine detects a sleep apnea event.
- T: This timed mode controls the duration of the inhalation and exhalation pressure levels within a preset parameter.
- S/T: Like the T mode, the S/T function increases pressure during inhalation and decreases it during exhalation while also controlling the length of those two pressure settings. However, the S/T mode also forces inhalation if the machine detects that the user hasn’t taken a breath within a set period of time.
The machine comes with a uniquely constructed water chamber that allows you to add water without having to remove the container. The built-in humidifier has a preheat function, and the heated tubing warms and moisturizes the air while reducing condensation, making the user experience more comfortable.
The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT can detect and compensate for air leaks in real time, and its ramp setting increases air pressure gradually, which can help make therapy more effective and comfortable.
What Comes With It
Besides the power supply, the Luna G3 BPAP 30VT comes with heated tubing, an air filter, an SD card, and a carrying case. Masks are not included but can be purchased separately with a prescription from your doctor. Depending on the retailer, you may be able to bundle your machine and mask purchases.
PAP Type: BiPAP
- BiPAP machine
- Heated tubing
- Air filter
- Power supply
- SD card
- Carrying case
- User guide
Features You Might Like
The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine focuses on features that help make sleep apnea treatment simple and comfortable. The device provides several therapy modes and can compensate for air leaks and regulate humidity. It also features a specially designed water chamber, several heating options, and a well-constructed interface.
- Leak compensation: The device can detect air leaks as they occur and adjust the baseline pressure level to correct them.
- Target tidal volume function: The machine is able to optimize inhalation pressure to reach the target setting based on the average volume of air inhaled over the last five breaths.
- Humidity controls: The humidifier has five settings to help reduce nasal dryness and irritation.
- PUSH water chamber: The specially designed water chamber allows you to add water without removing the chamber from the base.
- Heating options: The humidifier can be preheated for up to 30 minutes before use. The heated tubing helps prevent condensation from forming in the tubing and mask.
- Ramp setting: The ramp feature allows the user to start therapy at a lower pressure level. The machine will gradually increase the pressure to therapeutic levels over a specific period of time, which can make it easier to fall asleep.
- Convenient interface: The LCD screen provides a clear view of the menu options, and the single knob and Home button make them easy to navigate.
BiPAP Machine Size and Cost
At 10.4 inches across, 5.7 inches deep, and 4.5 inches tall, the Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine is small enough to fit on most nightstands. Additionally, there’s no need to worry about leaving space for a humidifier since one is built into the device. The water chamber accommodates about 12 fluid ounces, putting it on the lower end of the average capacity for a BiPAP humidifier.
Even though the device isn’t marketed for travel, it comes with a carrying case and weighs a reasonable 3.75 pounds. The machine operates at 100 to 240 volts and 50 to 60 hertz, making it compatible with most power outlets worldwide. However, you’ll need to use the appropriate power socket adapter.
The average price range of BiPAP machines is between $800 and $3,000. This puts the Luna G3 BPAP 30VT toward the top end of the spectrum.
Dimensions: 10.4″ x 5.7″ x 4.5″
Weight: 3.75 lbs.
How This BiPAP Machine Performs
The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine is designed to treat OSA effectively while keeping comfort top of mind.
Is This BiPAP Machine Easy to Use?
The LCD display with a single control knob and Home button make it easy to navigate the machine’s various functions. The Start/Stop button allows the user to initiate or end therapy quickly. The device also has preheat settings, a ramp function, and integrated heated tubing.
How Compatible Is This Machine With Other PAP Products?
The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT is compatible with different mask types, such as full-face, nasal, and nasal pillow masks. While the device will work with masks made by the machine’s manufacturer, it’s a good idea to confirm that masks from other companies are compatible before you purchase them.
What Do the Pressure Settings Look Like?
The pressure settings depend on which function is being used. For the CPAP mode, the range falls within the standard 4 to 20 cm H2O. For the four BiPAP modes, the inhalation pressure range is 4 to 30 cm H2O and the exhalation pressure range is 4 to 25 cm H2O. The pressure can be increased or decreased in 0.5 cm H2O levels in any mode.
Is This BiPAP Machine Noisy?
The sound level for the Luna G3 30VT is around 26 decibels when the machine is running at an air pressure level of 10 cm H2O. This puts it on par with competing BiPAP machines and the other models in the Luna G3 series.
Are There Air Temperature and Humidity Controls?
The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT includes an integrated humidifier with a preheat function and heated tubing to keep the air warm. The machine has five humidity settings plus an auto feature that modifies the humidity level depending on the surrounding humidity. These capabilities can help prevent condensation from forming in the user’s mask, an issue known as rainout.
What Do Maintenance and Care Look Like?
To properly take care of the Luna G3 BPAP 30VT, the manufacturer recommends cleaning the water chamber daily. The tubing, as well as the transfer box and enclosure, should be cleaned weekly. All these components should be washed with warm, soapy water using a soft cloth. The air filter should be replaced every six months, or sooner if it’s showing signs of wear.
How Portable Is This BiPAP Machine?
The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT is lightweight and comes with a carrying case, which makes it easy to travel with. Be sure to empty the water chamber before packing. Besides bringing the necessary power socket adapter if traveling overseas, you should also bring an extra air filter, a copy of your prescription, and the machine’s user manual.
Use this SleepApnea.org link for the most current discount on 3B Medical products
What Do Customers Have to Say About the Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine?
Most reviewers were pleased with the Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine. The most prominent comment was how quiet the machine was when it was on. Owners also liked the modern, sleek design of the device. Several users commented on how easy the machine was to set up and operate. The chief complaint was that first-time BiPAP users had a little difficulty navigating the machine’s controls without reviewing the instruction manual.
Trial, Warranty, and Shipping Policies
|Availability||The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine is available from a variety of retailers, both online and in brick-and-mortar stores. However, since the device is considered medical equipment, you’ll need a prescription from your doctor before you purchase it.|
|Shipping||Shipping locations and delivery time frames are different for each seller. Many retailers offer free shipping. Once the device arrives, you’ll need to assemble it. The accompanying user manual will guide you through the process.|
|Sleep Trial||Since BiPAP machines are medical equipment, they don’t come with trials. Once a device has been used, it’s not eligible for return. Retailers’ policies vary when it comes to returning unused CPAP machines.|
|Warranty||The Luna G3 BPAP 30VT Machine comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer that covers structural defects. Defective machines are repaired or replaced at the manufacturer’s discretion. When making a purchase, be sure to confirm that the seller will honor the manufacturer’s warranty.|
Medical Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult a health care provider prior to starting a new treatment or making changes to your treatment plan.