At SleepApnea.org, we aim to be as transparent as possible about our selection and testing processes and how we make the decisions around product recommendations. In order to maintain the site and continue to produce accurate, informative content, we maintain affiliate partnerships with companies in the sleep product industry as well as larger e-commerce portals like Amazon.com and Walmart.com.
We want to make it crystal clear to our readership that our recommendations are based only on our informed research and product testing. And in this spirit of transparency, we want to make the following disclosures about our relationships and commission agreements:
- SleepApnea.org maintains relationships with companies that offer sleep products. These include cost-per-click and affiliate fee arrangements, which help us generate commissions through product links.
- SleepApnea.org participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As part of this program, we receive a commission from Amazon.com whenever one of our readers makes a purchase after visiting an Amazon.com link on our site.
- If one of our readers clicks on a link on our site and purchases a product from one of our partners, then we receive a commission. However, if that reader chooses to return the product, then the commission will be rescinded. We do not have an incentive to promote inferior products based on requests from current or future affiliate companies – in fact, we’re disincentivized to do so.
- We have not or will we ever receive any financial payment from companies in exchange for featuring their products in reviews, rankings, or guides. However, we do receive free products from companies that are used for research purposes. Receiving these products does not influence our editorial content, nor does it guarantee a favorable review or top pick placements for the product or the seller/manufacturer.
Along with the information above, we’ve taken extra steps to ensure that our editorial process isn’t impacted by our partnerships including the following:
- Our review process includes a mix of expert opinions, customer reviews, and extensive research, and our experts, reviewers, and staff writers are not made aware of the specifics of any agreements with companies we do business with.
- Our experts, reviewers, and staff writers never communicate directly with any of the companies we do business with outside of researching product specifications and company policies (returns, warranties, etc.) which happens through customer support channels only and doesn’t impact any of our recommendations.
If you have any questions about our research and testing methodologies, product selections, or would just like to learn more, please contact us at [email protected].